Monday 2 June 2008

Meet the Manager: Piers Taverner

Piers has been travelling in Sunday League for the past 7 years. Has been playing in several servers always under the username blackecho. Many of you know him from the general forums where he is always around, so lets hear what he have to say.

Hello, who are you?
Piers, 30, living in South Yorkshire.

Wich team/teams and in wich server are you managing?
I have travelled around most of the servers at one point or another, under many guises, but I'm currently in Benny's famous 8-1-1 division with BEB.

How long are you playing SL ?
I have been playing for over 7 years now and seen different versions come and go. Still think that SL'03 was the best time.

What was your biggest moment in SL?
I have no idea, its been a while since I won anything worth shouting about. I have made a lot of friends though and enjoy the banter on the forums and thats probably what keeps me here.

Who´s your biggest rival in SL?
There are so many that should be mentioned, so apologies to those missed off.
CMFour
Skye
Hasan
Icky
Jose
Chico
Toreve
Django
Ricky
Stu

What´s your favourite team in real life?
Norwich City - Where are you!

Do you have any hobbies?
Playing football, golf, snooker, poker & chess and watching almost anything Sports related.

What do you like more in SL?
I wish I knew, I honestly think I'm addicted. I've been giving up for about 3 years now, but still have this one team left.

What are you expecting of SL08?
I just hope that it re-kindles my love for the game - something that makes it worthwhile getting up early for in the morning to set matches up.

Thanks a lot for your help Piers.

No comments: