Monday 2 March 2009

Interview with Nick Jolley, one of the ICC finalists.

Nick Jolley, manager of the team Anfield Rd Rangers, is one of the finalits of the ICC, to be played next saturday. It seems that Nick is the favourite, he has already won one Elite Cup and his opponent has never been on a final. Nick is also the current leader of Conference 2, and has just one draw at the moment, with 9 points in the lead.
Let´s read what he have to say about this game.

1.Hello Nick, are you confident for this ICC final?
I guess so. We’ve had a cracking season so far. Unbeaten in the league, Q Finals of the Elite Cup, still in the World Cup and current Super Cup and Elite Cup holders so we’ve got to be confident. We know we are up against a really good side so we want be taking anything for granted

2. What do you think about your opponent?
To be honest, I don’t know much about them. They don’t play any PL’s and I’ve never seen Antonio in the forums. Their side has some fantastic stats and they are doing really well in 4-1-1 so they need to be taken seriously.

3. Who do you think its the favourite?
I’m sure that others will make us favourites and that will add to the pressure.

4. Do you think the prize for a big cup should be better now that we are in just one big server?
I think the prize pool is ok as it is. I just wish you got more Manager Points for Official SL Tournaments.

5. What was your bigest achievment until now in SL?
Winning the 2-1-1 title after our second season in the top flight was a great result given the opposition in that conference. Last seasons Super Cup win was fantastic. We had a real hard draw throughout but still came out on top.

6. What do you think about the competition that all the new managers bring to the server?
Its absolutely fantastic. I still feel guilt that us Smokey guys got to keep our sides. I’ve won loads of PL’s this season but they have been hollow wins as I know that the other sides are all 2-3 seasons away from being really competitive. I’m really looking forward to locking horns with some of these great managers I’ve heard of through the forums. I do think though that the balance of power between current Smokey sides and others will shift quicker than people think. Many old Smokey sides have ageing teams and it will be nigh on impossible to get decent replacements in because of our league positions.

I hope to have an interview with the other finalist soon. Good luck Nick.

No comments: