Tuesday 17 March 2009

Friendly League Interview: Chris Miller

Chris is from Yorkshire near Hull - Hull city fan. He´s 33yrs, and have been playing this game for about 6 years, although not that active in the last year - just kept logging in to keep his account alive.
Managing the team Hadlands, with the username ptv2ralfie you can find him somewhere in group C.

What servers have you played before you joined Smokey?
Ptv2 was my main server - been on there for all of my time on sl. I have also had very breif stints on smokey (twice before), pf, newcastle and ptv3

Have you played in any league like this in the past? Wich results did you get?
On ptv2 I helped start and run what we called our 'conference cup'. This was to see which was the strongest conference and was run each season and the top 2 from each x-1-1 entered it. It was a league format and the 2 teams from each conf clubbed their points together to get a conference total - a bit like the doubles comp at the moment - but with your conference partner.

What are your expectations for this first season of the Friendly League and for the next few seasons coming?
I want to finish in the top half of the table - thus getting into either division 1,2 or 3. Then to work my way up to division 1.

Do you think this could be the most competitive league ever?
Yeah, i think it will.

Who do you fear most in your group?
No-one, I'm just looking forward to the competition and the banter.

Who are the favourites in your group?
I think sydney fc hammers should be one of the favourites

How many teams do you think will join in the future?
We could easily get 150-200 because its all people will be talking about and everyone will want a piece of the action, so, who knows maybe 400 teams?!?!?!

Anything else you want to say about this?
I'll have to hurry up to get a full squad together for the comp. But since I've had 11 new players in my team (about 1 week) I've started to pick up a few results in the doubles comp - 7 points out of 12 available, picking up results against 'kickstart', 'the Elite' and 'coulsdon casuals'. Which, to say I only spent between 500cr - 2700cr on each player isn't too bad.

Many Thanks Chris.

No comments: