Wednesday 11 March 2009

Friendly League Interview: Dave Weir

Dave Weir is one of the established managers that has joined this Friendly League. Natural from Bristol he is almost 60 years old and is ready to battle for the top places of group E. His team is called Sharks Teeth and he have got the username pellinor. Dave reached this season to the top Division of Conference 8, where he just lost the chances for the title last night. Dave also played on Arsenal and Piggy servers.

What servers have you played before you joined Smokey?
I played on Arsenal and Piggy.

Have you played in any league like this in the past? Wich results did you get?
We had Sadams Flame League on Arsenal which was similar to this.It had three divisions in its heyday. I made it to the top division eventually but it was so tough and I always struggled.

What are your expectations for this first season of the Friendly League and for the next few seasons coming?
Well I just want to survive.I suppose I,m luckier than some in that I already had a team on Smokey but I hadn't invested in it and it is an aging team.

Do you think this could be the most competitive league ever?
I certainly do,what with so many top class managers it's going to be really hard.

Who do you fear most in your group?
I don't actually fear anyone,but I do know that anyone can beat me.

Who are the favourites in your group?
At this stage I don't think there are any favourites.

How many teams do you think will join in the future?
Hard to say, I see that there is a waiting list already.

Anything else you want to say about this?
Just good luck to everyone.

Thank you very much Dave, and good luck.

No comments: