Saturday 14 March 2009

Friendly League interview: John Rickman

Another manager i know very well from Benny and planetfootball. And another one that i consider between the best. On benny he beat last two times in a row in ICC, first on the semi-final and the second on the final. Time for revenge lol. Kidding Ricky.
John is 48, and is natural from Southampton. With the username Saxon (is it because of the music band?) he is managing the team Rickys Rovers on group E.

What servers have you played before you joined Smokey?
I have been playing on benny Conf 8 since February 2005, started at the very bottom, got promoted every season and won Conf 8-1-1 at its best,had a few seasons on Planet Football but found running 2 sides a bit difficult with work commitments so concentrated on the benny team.

Have you played in any league like this in the past? Wich results did you get?
I have played in the BML on benny, probably the most competative league on the benny server for a long time, finished runners up two seasons running, but never won it.

What are your expectations for this first season of the Friendly League and for the next few seasons coming?
The first season is about to start, some very tough opponents in group E, but will give it my best shot, guess I would hope to finish in the top 8, once the leagues are sorted after that I would be hoping that my team, and tactics will be strong enough to get me into the top flight.

Do you think this could be the most competitive league ever?
Yes, if all the managers stay and remain competative I think it will be awesome, cant wait, think this is where we should find out who is the best manager in a few seasons time when everyone has their respective squads running properly.

Who do you fear most in your group?
Thats a tough call, there are a few established managers/teams in this group, and a few old sparring partners from benny, I think the teams entering this competition will be up for it and difficult to beat, but fear, on my day I should'nt fear anyone, however that day isn't here yet, so it would be all the established teams at the momment.

Who are the favourites in your group?
Lionhearts, Andor(if they stay),UNIV. CRAIOVA, and South Shields, I think

How many teams do you think will join in the future?
A lot, this league is for the best to prove themselves

Anything else you want to say about this?
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who was involved in organising, and setting this league up, great job, and to wish everyone competing in it good luck, except when you play me ;-)
Also I would like to thank you Chico for inviting me to do this interview.

Many thanks Ricky, and see you on conference 8 for revenge. lol.

No comments: