Wednesday 2 July 2008

Meet The Manager: Steve (Charlie server)

Its time to meet another of the most experienced managers on SL, Its Steve from Charlie who in recent seasons has been a bit of a thorn in my side, but he's a top bloke and married life seems to be calming him down a bit.....

Hello, who are you?
Im Steve aka django and django666

Which team/teams and in which server are you managing?
I manage 2 teams on the Charlie server. Ramsgate reds and ramsgate fc


How long are you playing SL?
It feels like since the dawn of time... joined in may 2002 .


What was your biggest moment in SL?
There have been so many-winning the cml league in my first season in it was pretty special. Winning any of the major trophies on the Charlie server especially with the quality of managers around at present is a good feeling


Who’s your biggest rival in SL?
There are so many good managers around. I think rowan with his Scarlett pimpernels are probably the toughest side around and have been consistently dominant for the last 7 seasons. Always good to get a win against him. Other major pains in the backside include hellsnear rangers,stonehenge,,lucifers dragons,wanderers fc,defiance fc,crazy gang,amethyst, and who could forget dear old icky with his lowes A..I ve always had a good rivalry with Piers aka Blackecho who sadly isn’t competing on the Charlie server at the moment but I m sure with reappear to try to make my life more miserable


What is your favourite team in real life?
The mighty Ramsgate of course. They are the scourge Ryman isthmian premier league. Hopefully with no champions league games to distract them next season the y will finally win promotion to the Conference. I also watch Gillingham who seem to be nose diving out of the league. For some quality football I go and watch man united 3 or 4 times a season


Do you have any hobbies?
I love to travel. I m addicted to going to China. On my travels I met a lovely girl there and got married in canton in May 2008.I m also a big movie fan and collect DVDs etc.
I love my football too and will watch any game at any standard. Some people are born for greatness others have to accept watching non league football on a cold wet winters evening. Supporting Ramsgate its something you learn to live with


What attracts you more on SL ?
Its a very addictive game and I enjoy the banter


What are you expecting of S0L08?
I m hoping for a better transfer market. Its been completely pants for a long time. Hopefully the friendly league can be improved too. I d also like Sunday league to introduce a champions league style comp with the top 2 sides from the 8 conference 1 divisions playing off for the ultimate bragging rights of being the top manager on the server. Above all I hope SL 08 runs smoothly without any glitches


Cheers Steve for taking the time to reply, more interviews will follow.

Craige

No comments: