Thursday 3 July 2008

Meet the Manager: Denis Burke

You know him better by the username manofthebeer, and you may know him as one of the top managers in Smokey and Oscar. You may also know him from the general forums where he is a regular. Lets know him a little bit more.

Hello, who are you?
Denis Burke , age 41!from Morden ,Surrey, Engand.

Wich team/teams and in wich server are you managing?
Inter Stella on Oscar 3-1-1 and Inter Stella DC on Smokey 2-1-1.
I am also caretaker manager of Sesame Street Mafia on Smokey 8-1-1.

How long are you playing SL?
Started playing sometime in 2006 when my son was playing Sunday League. I actually started spending money on the game in dec 06. Unfortunatly by that time I was hooked.

What was your biggest moment in SL?
I cant decide really,probably the Elite cup on smokey in my second season while I was still in 2-1-4.Lol. Also the Elite cups and ICC on Oscar.
But the one I most like to win is the super league of Oscar 3-1-1!!!!!!!!

Who´s your biggest rival in SL?
To many rivals to mention! But the hardest team to beat has got to be Coro Street Rovers on Oscar! I took a day off to celabrate when I knocked him out of a Major last season.Also every team in 3-1-1 + Marv, Jester ,Flori, Sandy,Beermonster Icould go on...Lol

What is your favourite team in real life?
Chelsea The only team in London.

Do you have any hobbies?
Hobbies are reading, getting to a chelsea game now and then, and of course drinking Stella!
Oh and SL lol.

What does attract you more on SL ?
The forums and banter. And the Rivalry on 3-1-1.

What are you expecting of SL08?
Hopefully something to shake the game up a bit, and more managers posting on forums. And some decent players on the transfer market!

Thank you very much, Denis.

No comments: