Friday 4 July 2008

Meet The Manager : Chris Holliday

Lets meet another of the top managers on the Charlie server, he is a personal friend of mine, but a bitter rival on SL. Its Chris (ive got every excuse in the book) Holliday who has been playing this game for a couple of years now and is often entrusted with the task of looking after teams on both Charlie and Benny when top managers are away.

Hello, who are you?

Chris Holliday, Age 25 from Luton, England.

Which team/teams and in which server are you managing?

'Defiance FC' on Charlie (3-1-1)
'Bakery Legends' on Charlie (2-1-1)

*Bakery Legends are not officially my team but I've been looking after them for many seasons now.

How long have you been playing SL?

I've been on Sunday League since 26th January, 2006.

What was your biggest moment in SL?

Winning the Champion Shield. It was my first major cup victory and I had to get past alot of the 'BIG' teams on my way to the final. I nearly did the Elite Cup & ICC Cup together last season (Charlie season 47) and just missed out on the Manager Table on the Benny server a couple of seasons back when I was babysitting another team so there are some others that come close.

Who’s your biggest rival in SL?

Anybody who does their tactics! :)

There are alot of good managers on Charlie and then there are also some that don't do anything unless they are playing me.. or so it seems!

I'm good friends with Craige Makinson of 'Wanderers FC' offline though so you can throw him in that list. After the robbing I got yesterday from him, I'm putting the ME (Match Engine) in there as well!


What is your favourite team in real life?

Manchester United. Been a fan since Leeds United won the old 1st Division back in 1992. I didn't know Luton Town had a football team at the time (might not for much longer either!) but I still keep an eye on their progress or lack of!

Do you have any hobbies?

I love football although I watch it mostly if I'm not playing in tournaments. I'm getting unfit and too old now to keep running around. I also like darts and used to play it regularly against County players until our team broke up. I'm a bit of a travel fan too and have been to many places across the world including Egypt, Mexico and Brazil. You can learn so much from other cultures. Other than that, it's mostly online games which consist alot of first-person shooters.


What do you like most about SL ?

The same as most people really... the suspense you get when you log in and hope you've won you're games and also the banter you get on the forum. If I'm not the one doing it, I'm usually the one on the end of it!


What are you expecting of S0L08?

Transfer Market needs a major overhaul. It's gone downhill completely since the past year. It would also be handy if they removed the strictness on player positions because it's very hard now if you're new to the game or if you have too many injuries, banned or AWOL players then you're basically out on a limb. It would be nice if you didn't have to play certain tactics for certain weathers as it's completely unrealistic but I guess that adds to the fun!

Thankyou for taking the time to do this interview Chris, i hope you have a great season finishing just behind me in CML and the managers table. ;)

No comments: