Tuesday 10 August 2010

Interview with managers from Fl1 (Part 3)

Carl Jones (Lough Derg)

How is the season going in FL1?
Well not so good this season mainly due to replacing at least half of my team and as I won't pay extortionate amounts for good players I tend to buy young and build up a good team over the coming years, so will be a few seasons until I am competitive again.

Who´s the favourite in your opinion?
I have a feeling it will be Anfields again...top player!

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
Not sure about secrets but leaving no stone unturned when setting up games for this league is imperative...it is one tough and unforgiving Division

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
For me it is Haag who is currently obliterating all that comes before him in Conference 8 at the moment!

What was the biggest surprise and disappointment for you this season?
Benfica sitting in second spot in Conference 8 ( only joking mate ), I will be disappointed if I go down going to be a struggle to stay up!

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
I try to not take the game too serious or it can spin your head a bit but the sooner they have an update the better!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Kravarovic (FC Haag Utd)

How is the season going in FL1?
I'm struggling at the moment to even get a win or two. It's FL1 so you never know how it may turn up at the end, last season I was trailing by over 10 pts with 10 games left and still managed to take it. This time however, it looks a bit harder, so I'm going to aim for the top 5 and hope for the best.

Who´s the favourite in your opinion?
Although Harricam was so close to the top and I'd like to see him take it, my money's on Nick because he definitely knows what it takes to win it, but Byron just might be the team of the moment so it looks like it's going to be a close finish.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
Consistency. Perfect team would be the one that changes two 10 seasoned players every season.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
Hard to name one, so I'll name three: Byron Park, Anfield RD Rangers and Harricam Wanderers. Lucky me - I get to play them next in the ICC, Champions shield and the Elite cup. :)

What was the biggest surprise and dissapointment for you this season?
Don't know, haven't noticed either yet, perhaps the season finish will bring some.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
Still challenging, although a lot of managers left due to the fact that update was scheduled for 08.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Richard French (Byron Park F.C.)

How is the season going in FL1?
We are having a good season.
We are mixing it with the best teams on the server and FL1 is undoubtedly the best league format the server can provide.
If you can stand your ground against this calibre of teams you are doing well.

Who´s the favourite in your opinion?
Well you have to look at the current positions and I can't see far past Nick and Billy who are very consistent in general and are picking up points on a regular basis.
You need a bit of fortune for one of these sort of teams to have a bad run but asking for both of them to have a bad run is a little optimistic.
With Byron Park also in the hunt it makes for an interesting run in...


What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
Lol I love this question.
Player attributes are paramount. In addition you need to be totally aware of the basics of the game and abide by them or you will compromise your match performances and hinder your development as a strong squad.
Experience and knowledge of the game is important and comes to most with a bit of time and practice.
Tactics are important when combined with a strong rated team. The right combination is what can decide a match result against equally strong opposition and FL1 provides the perfect platform for pitting your wits against the best.
Lastly, I think Nick mentioned this and really this should fit under basics. Make sure your team develops in stages and maintain a strong squad, I've seen so many teams develop at the same time and decline at the same time as a result, leaving them unable to compete at the top level!

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
Haag are playing very well and always give me a very hard game. The same can be said for Anfield and Harricam but I think Haag edge it on consistency.

What was the biggest surprise and dissapointment for you this season?
I was unfortunate to go out of the ICC and Champions Shield to teams I should have beaten. That's the way it goes though and I have to look to maintaining my position in those sort of competitions on a regular basis. Sometimes a lapse of concentration can cost you dear but more important is to remember your mistakes!

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
I'm disappointed that Cat Games can't make more of an effort to keep us customers updated with information regarding tweaks, idea's and the new version.
For a start it put's to bed theories some managers come up with regarding poor form or match results. Also everyone needs a morale boost and with minimal feedback from Cat Games it would be nice to be able to have a input towards the new version and it's development.
I'm continually told it's in the pipeline and Junior will make an announcement when he's ready!?
Well Junior if your reading this several months into the year and still no comment...
Give us some feedback! :)

Thanks a lot guys, and good luck for the rest of the season!!!

No comments: