Thursday 5 August 2010

Interview with Joackim, manager of Northwest Rags

From the cold lands of Norway comes Joackim, manager of the from Conference 2, Northwest Rags. For the third season on the highest level of Conference 2, Northwest Rags is becoming one of the strongest forces on Conference 2, and a candidate (if that is possible) to took the title from Nick.
Our reporter made a visit to him in Norway, so let´s read what he have to say.



How is the season going until now?
- Suprisingly well actually. I've been experimenting with anything I have ever since I started in order to maintain some consistency. I do think lack of gelling hurts me though but I can't afford it and I'm doing well regardless.

What are your objectives until the end of the season?
- My main objective is to catch up with bignick obivously, next is to promote to FL2. And as per usual, earn enough credits to pay for all my friendlies next season. Neither are very realistic though!

For how long you think Anfield will win Conference 2?
- Next season though there's some new competition in Winter Milan. And in a couple of seasons UNIV. CRAIOVA will be here too. With already tough teams in this conference like HH Beticos, Cubana Villians and United Cats I believe bignick's reign will soon come to an end. Hopefully already this season by the tiny, overachieving Northwest Rags!

If not this season, when do you think you can took the title from Nick?
- Possibly never. I don't have a lot of resouces to work with, and even if he were to have a terrible season, ever, there will be a stronger team to take it.

And about the Friendly League, how are the things going? What are your objectives?
- Ahaha, I haven't been doing too hot my last couple of games. But the league is ridiculously close and even with my recent poor results I'm still in reach of the promotion zone. Currently my focus is on the conference though.

Wich Division you think you can reach?
- I actually though I'd be stuck in FL5 forever but now I'm in FL3. Only God knows what can happen.

Do you have other teams in the server?
- I was the manager of the Malibu Beach House, which was essentially a free team. But after my teams stats began to decline I gave it away.

What are the best teams in the server at the moment?
- I think Ghandi's Peace Corp, Byron Park and Anfield Rd Rangers are the greatest teams on the server. Perhaps not stat wise but I find them to be the most threatening teams.

Who do you think it will win FL1?
- I hope bignick wins since he's in my conference and all, and from the looks of it he's doing well.




How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
- It's quiet. There's not much excitement for games or general hype. Which is why I really apprecicate all your work, Chico! The blog definitely makes things more interesting.

Have you played on other servers before? Each ones?
- I have, actually. I was about 13 years at the time though but if memory serves me correctly it was mogzilla. I wasn't really competitive though, all I had was my default squad but still managed to have some fun with it.

What was your biggest day on SL?
- No doubt about this one, that would be reaching the Elite Cup finals with Malibu Beach House, A FREE TEAM. Suck on that, big spenders! Lost to The Borg but I got to pay my friendlies for another season, which didn't end up mattering since I was away for most of the season and decided to give it away at the beginning of the next season. I think it's still a good achievement though!

What hobbies do you have, outside SL?
- Either I'm gaming or I'm with my girlfriend. I'm an active gamer and my username is in fact my gamertag. And that's about it, there's not anything spectacular going on in my life.

What´s your favorite team in real life?
- I was born a Manchester United supporter and that's never going to change. I also support a norwegian team called Stabæk.

Why did you choose that name for your team?
- Quite frankly I was just out of ideas. I usually choose a name that stands out and get easily noticed. My original name for the team was the Northwest Oathland, which are two random words I just happend to pick up watching the television series Joey and How I Met Your Mother. After a couple of seasons I decided to go with Rags instead of Oathland. Rag is the nickname of my girl and I like to bring some part of here into anything I do.

Thanks a lot for your help Joackim, and good luck for the rest of your season.

No comments: