Monday 9 August 2010

Interview with managers from FL1 (Part 2)

John Rickman (Rickys Rovers)

How is the season going in FL1?
Not very well, struggling to find any consistency which you definately need, some great teams in this league, but you would expect that at this level. I will do my utmost to extracate myself brilliantly from the mess I have got myself in.

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
The top 3 are doing great, but watch out for that crazy person and the Haag. However I think Billy will do it this season. ( no offence meant to Nick or Frenchy )

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
Patience and luck, your team coming together at the right time as others fall apart due to rebuilding.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
Chico a very difficult question to answer, it changes each season; however Anfield, HarriCam, Byron and Haag are taking my eye at the mo. If you asked me a few seasons ago, Arkansas and Misfits would have been listed. Your doing well as well Chico, good to see you back at the top m8.

What was the biggest surprise and disappointment for you this season?
No surprises, bit annoyed at my exit from a couple of cup comps and my FL1 performance so far; however nice to win today against Haag so things might be getting better.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
It has lost a lot of managers, where is that update, desperately needed to inject new enthusiasm into the game, it just needs a bit of attention to stop these bugs which affect us all, I get hit by loss of fitness, morale and gelling about 3 times a season, does your head in when you get to finals etc and your teams fitness is all in the 70's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony Spiteri (Floriana FC)

How is the season going in FL1?
Well After a very poor start I've dragged my way up to mid table and am looking for a few more wins to secure safety from relegation!

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
This season has turned into a 3 horse race between Anfield rd Rangers, Byron Park and Harricam Wanderers. Any 3 of them could win it but my guess is with Anfield this season.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
Lots of credits to get you good players lol, and those that have time available to study tactics will do well.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
I'd have to say FC Haag Utd, theyve had a very successful past couple of seasons and seem to be taking 8-1-1 with extreme ease again this season

What was the biggest surprise and disapointment for you this season?
My biggest surprise is that the dodgy match engine hasn't let me down in 4-1-1 yet and I'm still unbeaten. My dissapointment is that due to last seasons failure I was unable to compete in the champions shield and elite cup for the first time in a while.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
If I'm honest I'd have to say rather tiresom and boring, I'm getting fed up with the cost of maintaining a competitive team with very little to play for. I may have to let holiday mode deal wiwth my team in a few seasons to get a good break from the game!

------------------------------------------------------------------

David Walker (Hollowlegs)

How is the season going in FL1?
Not too bad, im just happy that i look to be safe for another season, still plenty of games to go though.

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
Nick is doing very well only incurring one loss so far, so my moneys on him, but the usual suspects arent far behind so hes going to have to keep it up.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
In my opinion, its the experienced managers who put the effort in tactically are the most successful, which is why iv never won sod all, but also a lot of it is luck i.e. amount of longball games, injuries and AWOLS, etc.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
With so many really awesome teams around its hard to choose one, i mean, everyone in FL1 shold be immensely proud of their teams, but FC Haag in my opinion are just riding the crest of a wave right now, although not doing the best in FL1 i reckon theyll remain top manager and take the conference 8 title. Also my pick for the ICC this season.

What was the biggest surprise and disapointment for you this season?
Surprised at how well i seem to be doing right now, its my best chance for a conference title, but the dissappointment is that in the unlikely event i do win, my team wont be up to scratch to defend it very well next season, the TM has been so hard to crack recently.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
my enthusiasm for the game hasnt dwindled that much, but iv been quite busy in the real world and havent had much time to continue with the Crazy Cups or the Universal Cup which always kept my focus on the game and very active in the forums. Alhough i can see where the majority of managers are coming from. it does need tweaked, and as Ninjinsky says, they could start with 5-2-3!

------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Jolley (Anfield Rd Rangers)

How is the season going in FL1?
Surprisingly well. After the stinker I had last season I was hoping for a top 5 finish. Being top at the half way point is fantastic.

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
No outright favourite at the moment as its too close to call. Richard, Billy and Brian are breathing down my neck and just a couple of results could change the entire top four. Daniel and Dave could still have a say in things also.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
You must balance your squad. Alot of sides build all at once and consequently they end up with a cracking team for a couple of seasons before they all start to decline and they then have to have a massive rebuild. To be consistent you have to manage your team building so this never happens.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
The team who's a constant pain in my side is Billy's HarriCam Wanderers. Fortunately he's my partner in crime in the Smokey Doubles.

What was the biggest surprise and dissapointment for you this season?
Not sure about the biggest surprise but the biggest disappointment has been the transfer market...still a farce.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
I'm still enjoying it as much as ever. Transfer market is a pain......just can't get a decent midfielder! But I guess I'm lucky that I have a load of credits and can at least compete for 10000 players.
What makes this game so enjoyable though is the hard work and commitment of those that create and maintain all the cracking private leagues. The organisation required to keep the FLs going is immense and much appreciated. The Blog is also brilliant and adds that something extra...almost like our very own footie suppliment. Keep it up chico yoy're a star!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Unsworth (The Rods)

How is the season going in FL1?
I had a good start and was right up there with the leaders probably only 3 games ago but since then I have lost 3 in a row 1-0 and now find myself mid table. Thats the thing with FL1 everyone is capable of beating each other. Its so unpredictable.

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
I always say Anfield whenever they are in competitions, he's alsways consistantly up there challenging. His history shows that he has been consistant ever since the merger. Although I do think Harricam are strong this year and could puch him all the way.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
There is no secret as such its just trying to make sure your players morale and gelling are up to 100% as much as you can and try and avoid as many injuries and awols as you can. All the sides in FL1 have great player stats so you need to try and get the edge with little things like that.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
Again I would prob say Anfield and Harricam. Most of the top sides on here now have made their way to FL1 and you only have to look who's top to see who's the best.

What was the biggest surprise and dissapointment for you this season?
That I'm struggling down in 8th place in my conference!!! I dont recall ever finishing outside 3rd place in my league before in all the years Ive been playing this game!! Its been a combination of alot of longball matches and teams guessing the AT spot on!! Lets just hope its a one off season!!

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
I think we all have an opinion on this and would say everyone feels very much the same way that the new version is very much overdue. This server now for me is just plodding along hoping the update is around the corner. The banter on the forums etc and even the settingup of matches isnt as important as it used to be. I think everyone on here is ready to get their teeth stuck into something new now to give us all a new lease of life!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lars Harald Hvidsten (Heroes of the Man)

How is the season going in FL1?
My season started very good, but I can't keep the results going my way with a declining squad. Now I hope to avoid relegation.

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
Anfield Rd Rangers and Byron Park F.C. have a lead on the rest now, but HarriCam Wanderers is not too far beyond. I don't think anyone else can catch all three of these, and bignick is probably the favorite to win it.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
All the managers in FL1 are really good, so you need to have a good squad. And you have to be a good manager that logs in twice a day.

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
I think FC Haag Utd was the best last season, and until the majors are finished, I can't say that anyone has taken over.

What was the biggest surprise and disappointment for you this season?
The biggest surprise is that Ty (manager of Munkeespuzz Angels, Ravens of England, A.C.Upstreet and Corinthian Clowns) seems to be back, playing better than in a long time. The disappointment is that so many good managers are leaving the game.

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
Sunday League is the same as it has been for several years, only better because the competition between managers are tougher than it was before the merge. My problem is that I can no longer spend the time and money required to be really competitive.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Billy Irwin (HarriCam Wanderers)

How is the season going in FL1?
it's going ok. I still have a chance of winning my first FL1 title, so i'll keep trying my best until the end, but there are 2 great teams ahead of me, so it will be really tough, but you never know....

Who´s the favorite in your opinion?
I always think that the favourite is the team in first place! They will always have the advantage, and everyone else is waiting for them to slip up.

What´s the secret to be competing in the hardest competition in the server?
never underestimate anyone - they can all beat you on any day, and do your homework!

What´s the best team in the server at the moment for you?
He's a little bit off the pace in FL1 this season, but FC Haag have been handing out beating to everyone for the last couple of seasons. Anfield Rd Rangers are consistantly brilliant over many seasons. I'd say they are probably the best at the moment.

What was the biggest surprise and dissapointment for you this season?
Biggest dissapointment for me would be The Rods. I would have expected him to be, at the very least, challenging for Conf 1 and FL1. He's a top manager, but seems to be struggling a bit at the moment. Biggest surprise is me!!! Still going well in FL1 and my conference, and with 5 season 1 players in the ranks. I keep expecting to wake up and realise that i'm not really any good at this game after all!!!

How do you think Sunday League is at the moment?
i still get enjoyment from it, so it can't be all that bad. It has it's faults, like most things do, but they are not so bad that i don't want to carry on playing. there are a lot of good managers on here that keep you going & make it all worthwhile.

Thanks a lot for all your replies guys. Maybe a few more will come.

No comments: