Sunday 12 April 2009

Interview with Dave manager of Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs

Born and raised in (the old) Notting Hill and currently (very happily) residing in sunny Margate by the sea is Dave, the manager of the team Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs with the username Davef.
Looking at his history from other servers we can see that he has a lot of experience, and he is one of the new teams wich is still in two of the major cups. I believe he is the only one.
Next round of the CS he will be playing against one of the favourites Anfield Rd Rangers, so we made him a visit to know what he thinks, and we made him some questions.

Next round of the champions Shield you will have Anfield Rd Rangers, one of the hardest teams at the moment, do you think you can beat him?
Anything is possible but I very much doubt it and so I won't really bother (thus making my forecast more likely to be true :-))..... it's just far too early in the development of my team to be worrying about the CS.

What do you think about your opponent?
I know nothing about him/her/them. Habitually, for "big" games I might do a lot of studying but since I reckon I have little chance I won't bother and instead I will waste the time sensibly (Ho, Ho) discussing current events on my favourite QPR messageboard (when not driving too fast to matches).

What about Elite Cup game against Queenslander, what are your expectations?
No injuries? It's really all and only about being patient and making sure all my squad are training up as well as I want.

Are you happy with this Smokey move?
There wasn't a choice other than take it or leave it and I wasn't ready to just leave it. I had a full handful of teams that were always in for the PLs and major trophies (on 4 servers) so in a way it's now quite restful :-)

What are your expectations for the near future?
Assuming you mean in SL, I don't have any. I'll just keep plodding on. My aim is to reach a point where other managers will be looking to be at their best if they know they are due to play me. Then worried when they know have to play me. Then resigned to their fate when they know they have to play me. No point in lacking ambition is there? ;-)
My partner also has a team (and she's good) so I'm expecting situations will continue to occur where I'll be well pleased with her good wins and gutted when any of those wins are against me (which they surely will be) :-)

Are you happy with the evolution of your team?
I have two teams and they were put together to play in slightly differing styles to each other (keeps life interesting ;-)) and I'm happyish ..... at the moment :-)
There might have to be some tinkering but, again, it's all too early to tell

Many thanks Dave, and good luck.

No comments: