Monday 11 May 2009

Interview: Nick Jolley manager of Anfield Rd Rangers

Its almost impossible not to shoose Nick as the manager of the season on season 67. He just won all the three majors after winning another two last season.
The Sunday League blog gone after him, trying to find what was the secret of his sucess.

Three majors in the same season, 5 majors in two seasons... how did you manage that Nick?
Some would say meticulous attention to detail and I’m sure others would call it being sad. It’s not uncommon for me to spend well over an hour setting up for a big game, going through the oppositions previous AT’s and trying to establish if there are any patterns in their “AT Behaviour”....and there usually is. For example in one Elite Cup match this season I played a side I played in the same comp last season. I spent almost two hours analysing their previous matches that season and came up with a set of ATs of my own. I then looked back at the game the season before and the AT’s I came up with were exactly the same as those I employed the season before. It doesn’t always work but fortunately my sides high stats give me some room for error.

How does it feel to be the manager of the season for the second time in a row?
Really chuffed. It honestly means as much as winning a major.

In last season what was your hardest final?
The World Cup Final without a doubt. I didn’t deserve that win at all. Manly played me off the park but I still won.

You loose the title in the conference, were you expecting that?
I was pretty confident at the start of the season but with Andy, Steve, Chris and now Icky all in there competing it was always going to be difficult. It’s no failure finishing behind these guys.

What´s your objective for this season?
To keep the ICC, Elite, Champs Shield, Super Cup and World Cup, to win 2-1-1 and win the FL Div1.
Seriously, I just want to win 2-1-1. Anything else will be a bonus. Oh and to pick up a couple of young anysided midfielders!!

Do you think you can repeat those major titles this season?
No, I need some sleep.

Thanks a lot Nick, and please....STOP WINNING MAJORS!!!!

No comments: